Saturday, August 4, 2007




I'm on vacation today.
A great sunny day but I've been inside all day.


Beatles Memorabilia
I found this Beatles stamp issued by the UK showing all kinds of Beatles memorabilia but nothing I ever owned. I sat and listened to some of their old songs today and didn't realize that the words to their songs were actually quite inspirational. I was very young when they hit the top of the charts and after the band broke up we listened to their music forever memorizing all the words and singing along every time we heard their music.
`

`
On the other hand, I do remember the Monkeys' songs and TV show and I was the proud owner of a sleeveless crop top with ruffles and buttons on the back with their picture on it that my older sister had to help me button up because I couldn't reach the back of the shirt. My mother had bought it for me from the factory she worked at as they were manufacturing them and she could buy it at half price. She had also bought one for my older sister and my girl cousins who handed them down to me when they grew out of them and, at that point, I owned one for almost everyday of the week - assorted colours - but I never complained because I loved those tops! Everyone stopped me to tell me they loved them too and they wished they had one. I had four! I wore those tops until they were too tight and the buttons fell off but I made my mother sew them back on and I held my breath so the buttons wouldn't keep popping open and so that I didn't have to listen to my sister complain the she was sick and tired of buttoning up my Monkey shirt a hundred times a day.



No comments: