Saturday, August 4, 2007

What a day at work! Stepped out for lunch ... bought some stamps ... they're nice ones!






















(It took me awhile to resize the image above)










The Girl and Boy Scouts … oh, those girls who sell Girl Guide cookies and those boys who sell apples at the Malls every Fall. I didn’t participate in the Girl Guide Program and there weren’t many enrolled in that program in my neighborhood ... but at that time of the year they always came around to sell their cookies … and we always bought some (they were the best!) … and I still do … and I hear they had lots of fun at their meetings and all their camp outs.


I've never camped and about the closest I've come to those types of activities was that time I played War Games and we shot at each other with paint pellets and we missed every time. But the Ex was a Boy Scout ... ...


My nephew was a Cub Scout, a Junior Boy Scout. One day my sister gave me a bag of hand me downs from her daughter to mine and in the bag was my nephew’s Cub Scout uniform. She had given me instructions to donate anything I didn’t want to the Salvation Army but when I saw it I thought she must have made a mistake! After all, she hand sews new Halloween costumes for them every year and keeps each and every one of them. So I called to let her know she put her son’s Cub Scout uniform in the bag by accident. She said, “No, it wasn’t an accident.” That was over twenty years ago … I didn’t have the heart to give it away … so I kept it … and I still have it. I think now I’ll take it to the cleaners and have it boxed. It will look great with my stamp collection!

Here's some recent finds and I'm still looking ...















I'm still looking ... ...

























About a year later .... .... and a few more stamps that I missed ... ...









And last but not least, ... ... the winner of the Europa 2007 Best Stamp Contest




MARCH 2011

No comments: