Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Out for Coffee ... ...

Today, I took a trip to a neighborhood mall just to hang out for awhile and have a coffee and muffin at the food court. The food court is decorated with tall Benjamina trees and flowers and ivy in containers and is situated on the bottom level, directly below the skylights. Along with the outdoor look is a bird that must have wandered into the mall and found a home in the food court because it’s been there for awhile. Today the brown, speckled bird stopped to rest on the tables next to mine (I’m sure in search of food scraps) and one of the caretakers snuck up to swoosh it away. I wonder if the mall feeds it? When I was at the mall having a coffee with a friend a few weeks ago and I wondered out loud if we should cover our heads in case it drops on us, she said, “Oh, where I come from we say it’s a blessing when birds drop on our heads.”

I’m back job hunting, again, and I’m thinking of giving up my field of training, Administration, and starting to knock on the doors of the retail stores. How much longer am I expected to hold out for a job in Administration? I noticed on my way out, at the foot of the escalator, was a table for a chocolate and ice cream store that was accepting applications for their new location in the mall. So I stopped to have a chat with the recruiters.

They were only hiring for part time employment at this time and I’m looking for full time employment, but I couldn’t help myself, I just had to tell them that I saw their Company’s Commemorative Envelope, issued by Canada Post to commemorate their 100th anniversary, on the internet and I would have liked to have bought one but it was limited edition and I missed out on the deal.

They didn’t know!







No comments: